Online Personal Financial Education for Organizations
Organizations are increasingly offering some form of personal financial education as part of their employee benefits programs. They recognize that this service increases workplace productivity and morale, while reducing stress levels. Other benefits to offering some form of workplace financial education include:
- Increasing participation in and contributions to 401(K), 403(B), and other retirement plans.
- Helping employees improve their personal financial wellness.
- Assisting employees with workplace stress associated with financial problems.
- Helping employees navigate major financial milestones, including: Managing Credit & Debt, Insurance Needs, Investing Basics, Tax Planning and others.
Historically, when organizations have made this type of Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to their employees, they have done so by bringing in a financial planner from the securities firm that manages their retirement plans. This face-to-face training or workshop format is not the most effective medium for the following reasons:
- Not all employees are able to attend the training at the same time due to logistical and schedule constraints.
- The right material was delivered at the wrong time in an employee's life.
- Training was focused heavily on retirement planning only.
- Presentations were biased and focused on promoting the financial services of the presenting firm.
To address these fundamental problems, eFinancial Portals works with organizations to build branded online financial education web portals and other web-based resources. These custom portals are accessed from the company's Intranet or from the Internet directly and are not available to the general public.
Our branded web-based portals are creative and user-friendly with a focus on Money Management, Credit & Debt, Key Milestones, Financial Planning, and Investor Education. Our portals are designed to send a cohesive message to your organization. By providing the most current content along with interactive tools, assessments, surveys, calculators, and other resources, the customized portal helps ensure your employees find what they want when they want it.
In addition to the focus areas mentioned above, portals provide users access to a wide range of financial tools, including the following calculators that helps answer questions ranging from, "How much car can I afford?" to, "Should I choose a Traditional or Roth IRA?"
Other key resources within the portal include: Downloadable Personal Finance Software, Financial Terms Glossary, Articles, Surveys, Assessments, Quizzes, and various other resources.
Sample screen shots of portal below:
|Click on the image to enlarge
Disclaimer: Portals do not endorse any specific securities providers or make securities recommendations. Users should consult their financial planner or a certified securities broker for such advice. Portals are intended to be educational only and provide a broad understanding of personal financial areas in general.